You want to provide a fast installation process for your WordPress Theme? Good, WP has
a straight forward installation… if you don’t use any Plugins in your Theme. Otherwise:
- You have to write documentation: a list of the plugins, how-to install
You leave the work to your customer:
- Read documentation
- Find Plugin
- Install Plugin
- Activate Plugin
- Customers will contact you, and you have to answer ‘Plugins?’ for the 100th time
Wouldn’t it be nice to have such a thing like Bundler for WordPress?
Very easy dependencies management for the developer. One click installation for the user.
This is where Plugin Detection comes in.
Simple 3 step installation:
- Copy the Plugin to your Theme’s folder
- Include the Plugin in your Theme’s
- Create a
plugins.ymlis missing you’ll see a example based on your installed & active WordPress Plugins
plugins.ymlis a YAML formatted file to manage Plugins
- Only logged in admins will see the Plugin Detection
- Works in Theme preview and outside the admin panel
- Plugin Name Helper for the admin panel when searching Plugins for easy copy & paste
- Find missing and inactive Plugins
- Install/Activate each Plugin by its own
- Install and Activate every Plugin – ONE CLICK INSTALLATION