User Profiles Made Easy – WordPress Plugin
User Profiles Made Easy (UPME) is a full featured front-end profile, login and registration plugin for WordPress. It is user-friendly, fully responsive and works with any theme. With this plugin you can stop sending your users to the ugly back-end profile, registration and login pages, and instead give your users a seamless front-end experience on pages that match the rest of your website.
UPME takes your profiles to the next level, allowing you to create unlimited custom profile fields and to completely customize the registration form. You control which fields are required, which fields users can edit, which fields are private, and much more. You can even display your users in a beautiful, searchable members directory, or just show one or two specific users on any page or post you want using one of the many included shortcodes. The possibilities are endless!
Includes many easy to use shortcodes with loads of options and is fully customizable.
UPME is not fully compatible with WordPress Multisite
Latest version: 2.3.09 – 2019.02.12
Note: You need PHP version 5.4 or higher to use User Profiles Made Easy.
If you like this plugin, please remember to rate it
Giving UPME a five star rating really motivates us to continue making it even better!
UPME is Packed with Features:
Elegant, responsive front-end profiles with unlimited custom fields
Beautiful front-end Login & Registration forms with shortcodes
Compatible with all (properly coded) themes
SEO Friendly profile permalink options (see example)
Integration with Yoast SEO for SEO features. (View More)
Support for sharing profiles on Social networks.
Enable/Disable third party script and styles
Works automatically with any existing usermeta data and usermeta fields from other plugins
Show/promote a specific user or group of users anywhere with shortcode
Fully responsive, adjusts beautifully to any screen size
Easy to use shortcode generator
Fully translatable to any language using .po files
Import/Export custom fields.
Import/Export UPME settings.
Export UPME users.
Custom actions and filters for adding more features using other plugins
UPME Developer API for retrieving UPME data for other plugins and themes
New features added regularly!
Dedicated support forum!
Enable/Disable third party script and styles
Login and Registration:
1-Click social login and registration with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ (View More)
Force different user roles on each registration form through filters. (View More)
Enable user role selection on registration form
Users may set password when registering
User Profile Approvals allows admin to manually approve users before they login
Compatible with Invitation Codes Addon for enabling registration through invitation codes.
Login with email or username
Add/Remove fields to login form through filters. (View More)
Built-in login form templates with wide range of designs
Role based login redirection support.
Multiple social login icon packs for selection
Customize login and registration header through filters. (View More)
Custom validations on Login and Registration using filters.
Password strength meter and support for forcing password strength level
Two-Factor authentication with email allows users to improve the security of login credentials.
Sidebar Login Widget/Shortcode
Image uploading in registration forms
Awesome profile header designs.
Display profile picture inside the profile in custom dimensions and design. (View More)
Customize profile header through filters.
Create multiple user profiles with different fields using filters.(View More)
Trigger profile field updates and notify admin. (View More)
Custom validations on profile updation using filters. (View More)
Automatically works with Gravatar, or users may upload custom profile pictures and avatars
User-uploaded avatars work everywhere on WordPress (comments, bbPress avatars, etc.)
Standalone profile page, link to user profiles, or current user profile automatically
Lightbox Avatar Cropping for profile image
Users may easily View/Edit their profiles
Private profiles that user can decide to make profile public or private
Ability to delete profiles after confirmation by user.
Newest Members Widget
Link user display names to UPME profile pages or author archives
Display profiles based on User Role
Restrict Viewing of Other User Profiles based on user role
Open user profiles in awesome popup windows
Cover image for user profiles
Multiple profile header and cover image designs
Latest members widget and shortcode
Automatic profile image resizing
Pre-Built Profile Tabs for displaying built-in features inside separate tabs inside profile. (Custom tabs requires Premium Addons)
Search and Member List:
Customizable, search-able, paginated Members List
Search and Filter by Custom Fields (see demo)
Highlight featured members from the rest.
Display member list based on Featured Level
Display member list based on user roles
Display member list based on custom field value
Order search result based on custom field value
Create multiple search forms with different conditions. (View More)
Supports profiles inside lightboxes in member list
Display random member list with custom user range.
Support for searching partial text in text based field types.
Custom Profile Fields:
Unlimited custom fields for profiles and/or registration (text, drop-down, radio, checkboxes, etc.)
Create shortcode fields using filters. (View More)
Create dynamic lists for checkboxes, dropdowns, radio buttons. (View More)
Restrict allowed file types for each file upload field. (View More)
Video Field creates Responsive Videos Automatically
Soundcloud Field enables embedding and playing soundcloud audio
Support file uploads forany file type using filters
Many pre-defined fields ready to use
Private fields that only admin users can see an edit
Locked fields that users may see but not edit
HTML fields (embed Videos, Audio, Maps, etc.)
Optionally allow users to hide some or all fields from public view
Display specific custom fields by User Role
Profile help text on profile fields
Enable/Disable custom fields for registration form
Create required fields.
Custom fields may be added to profiles, registration forms, or both
Optionally block access to WordPress backend login & profiles, redirect to front-end UPME versions
Admin panel with profile customizer for creating and organizing fields.
Change default theme for UPME
Block backend login, profile and registration
Allow other user profile ediitng capabilities for non-admin users.
Email module allows custom templates and data through template tags.
Enable/Disable sending of predefined emails.
Customize registration email for users.
Customize registration email for admins.
Customize user activation email for users.
Customize user activation email for admins.
Customize password reset email for users.
Customize user approval notification email for users.
Customize profile field update notification email for admins.
Provides many filters for completely customizing the emails.
Enable notifications for all administrators of website.
Customize email sender name and email.
Conditional email fields through filters.
Supports WP Mail SMTP plugin for sending authenticated emails through SMTP.
Supports HTML in email templates.
Content Restrictions Module:
Enhanced Private content shortcode for member-only protected content
– Allow or block private content based on user roles
– Allow or block private content based on user ID’s
– Allow or block private content based on custom field values
Private content module that restricts specific portion of the site based on user roles and guests.
Display private content restriction messages in predefined design templates.
Enable custom restriction rules for private content shortcode. (View More)
Disable entire RSS feed or part of RSS feed for guests
Site lockdown module that restricts entire site for guests.
Redirect users to last visited page after login.
Conditional shortcodes for members and non-members.
Posts/Custom Post Types Features:
Display author posts under the UPME profile (View More)
Recommend posts/pages/custom post types to other users. (View More)
Display recommend posts/pages/custom post types in profile tabs. (View More)
Favorite(Bookmark) posts/pages/custom post types. (View More)
Display favorite(bookmarked) posts/pages/custom post types in profile tabs. (View More)
Reader to mark posts/pages/custom post types as read/unread. (View More)
Display posts/pages/custom post types in profile tabs with read status. (View More)
Woocommerce Favorite Products list for users.
Woocommerce Recommend Products for users.
bbPress Favorite Topics list for users.
bbPress Recommend Topics for users.
Third Party Integrations:
Woocommerce profile integration.
View Woocommerce Orders, Downloads, Reviews and Profile inside UPME profile.
475+ FontAwesome icons(Version 4.2.0) to choose from for your profile fields
Integration with Visual Composer for UPME shortcodes.
Use built-in Foundation and Zocial icons for your profile fields using filters.
Add support for any icon font library for profile field icons through filters.
Add custom icons on custom fields through filters. (View More)
WooCommerce auto-sync with user account (shipping/billing) fields
Add reCaptcha or FunCaptcha (Removed) or Captcha (Free version only) or No Captcha security captcha to registration or login forms
Support for adding any Captcha plugin through filters.
Team Cards offers the ability to group you users into teams with awesome designs.
Slider Cards offers the ability to display your users in a beautiful slider to optimize the web page.
Author Cards offers the ability to display your post authors with simple and clean design.
Zapier Integration – Free Addon:
Send new user registration details to Google Sheets.
Send new user registration details to Google Docs.
Send profile update details to Google Sheets.
Send profile update details to Google Docs.
Send profile activation and approval details to Google Sheets.
Create Mailchimp subscribers from new user registrations.
Create Mailerlite subscribers from new user registrations.
Create Aweber subscribers from new user registrations.
Create Salesforce leads from new user registrations.
Create Campaign Monitor subscribers from new user registrations.
Create ActiveCampaign subscribers from new user registrations.
Send Twilio sms messages to new user registrations.
Frontend Publisher – Free Addon:
Create/Edit/Delete posts from frontend UPME Profile. (View More).
Define default post statuses for new and updated posts.
Enable post creation/update/delete for all logged in users.
Restrict post creation/update/delete based on user role.
Assign tags and categories while creating/updating posts.
Upload featured images for posts.
Use WordPress post editor and media uploader for working with posts.
100% AJAX based solution for managing posts.
Email Logger – Free Addon:
Save emails sent from UPME(View More).
View sent email list details from backend
Profile Update Notifications – Free Addon:
Email notifications on custom field updates.(View More).
Invitation Codes – Free Addon:
Create and manage invitation codes and quota. (View More).
Send invitations to emails from WordPress backend.
Limit registration to invited users.
Online Users – Free Addon:
Displaying online/offline status of the users in profile. (View More).
Frontend Popup Login – Free Addon:
Login using a popup window. (View More).
Expire Users – Free Addon:
Automatically remove users who fail to activate the email within a given time frame. (View More).
Automatically remove users who fail to get the account approved by the admin within a given time frame. (View More).
Features with Free Addons:
Using Google No Captcha reCaptcha for spam protection in registration and login (View More).
All In One – Third Party Premium Addon:
Profile Tabs creation with dynamic content. (View More)
Additional custom field types ( File uplods, Visual editor, Chosen select, Embedly Cards, Google Maps etc). (View More)
Group custom fields into different profile tabs. (View More)
Display fields in profile header section. (View More)
Multiple registration forms builder and manager. (View More)
Add users to Mailchimp subscriptions lists. (View More)
Multiple user listing builder and manager. (View More)
Assign and manage User Badges. (View More)
Multiple profile display builder and manager. (View More)
Woocommerce Membership – Third Party Premium Addon:
Create unlimited membership products for users. (View More).
Sell premium memberships for UPME users..
Ability to create lifetime memberships or memberships that expire after certain time period.
Restrict access to profile, user search, member list based on membership products.
Restrict access to posts/pages/custom post types/menus based on membership products.
Flexibility in using wide range of payment gateways for accepting membership payments.
Private Messages – Third Party Premium Addon:
Send and receive private messages for members. (View More).
Set permissions on sending messages based on user role.
Set permissions on receiving messages based on user role.
Document Manager – Third Party Premium Addon:
Upload multiple files using single custom field. (View More).
Display your file list to other users.
Let users download the files and view description.
Private documents between admin and profile owner.
Ratings and Reviews – Third Party Premium Addon:
5-Star and 10-Star Ratings Fields for members. (View More).
Create multiple rating/review fields to capture rating data for different criteria.
Add reviews for members.
Display average rating on profile.
Display ratings/reviews list inside a custom tab.
User Connections – Third Party Premium Addon:
Wide range of user connection field types to enable various types of connections between user profiles. (View More)
Create fields for specifying Managers, Siblings, Parents, Followers, Friends, Team Members any type of connection you wish. (View More)
Google Maps – Third Party Premium Addon:
Display Users in a Google Map based on the location. (View More).
Marker Clustering to show number of users in specific area.
User Groups – Third Party Premium Addon:
Private files between group members. (View More).
Private discussions between group members.
Style Customizer – Third Party Premium Addon:
Customize the colors of UPME profile, login, registration, search and member list. (View More).
Email Template Manager – Third Party Premium Addon:
2 Built-in template designs for customization. (View More).
Create multiple rating/review fields to capture rating data for different criteria.
7 color themes for built-in template designs.
Send different emails based on user role.
Use WordPress Visual and Text editors to customize content.
Gallery – Third Party Premium Addon:
Create awesome image galleries and display inside profile. (View More)
Create awesome image sliders and display inside profile. (View More)
Display image galleries and sliders inside profile tabs.(View More)
Search and Member List – Third Party Premium Addon:
Display letters on search and search by first letter of selected custom field. (First Name, Last Name or any other allowed custom field types). (View More)
Store recent search terms of your users and let users search by recent search terms. (View More)
Display table based member list instead of default member list. (View More)
Built-in custom designs for member lists. (View More)
Contacts – Third Party Premium Addon:
Display contact details of profiles including address, email and telephone in a separate tab. (View More)
Display location of profile owner in a google map. (View More)
Add a contact form to let other members contact you through email. (View More)
Social Connect – Third Party Premium Addon:
Facebook Like and Share field for sharing UPME profile.(View More)
Facebook Send field allows users to privately send user profiles on your site to one or more friends in a Facebook message, to an email address, or share it with a Facebook group(View More)
Facebook Follow field allows users to follow your FB account from UPME.(View More)
Facebook Comments field allows users to comment about your profile and contact the profile owner.(View More)
Facebook Page field allows profile owners to share their Facebook profile in a simple widget. (View More)
LinkedIn Share field for sharing UPME profile.(View More)
Twitter Share field for sharing UPME profile.(View More)
Twitter Follow field allows users to follow your Twitter account from UPME. (View More)
Twitter Mention field allows you to mention a Twitter account and let other users contact you through your Twitter profile.(View More)
Twitter Hashtag field allows you to create tweets with specific hashtag.(View More)
Google Share field for sharing UPME profile.(View More)
Google +1 field for sharing UPME profile.(View More)
Version 2.3.09 (2019.02.12)
* New Feature : contact form tab for profile * Added : setting for default cover image * Added : setting for default featured level * Added : action for profile update trigger * Fixed : issue with user role checking in some scenarios
Version 2.3.08 (2018.09.14)
* New Feature : custom fields in profile header
Version 2.3.07 (2018.08.14)
* Removed : support for deprecated FunCaptcha in registration and login
Version 2.3.06 (2018.06.17)
* Added : add login shortcode attributes support to profile shortcode * Added : setting for custom CSS * Fixed : issue with invalid alert message
Version 2.3.05 (2018.05.28)
* Added : GDPR compatibility * Added : feature to export data for profile owner
Version 2.3.04 (2018.04.25)
* Added : convert reCaptcha v1 to v2
Version 2.3.03 (2018.03.22)
* New Feature : support zapier integration addon * Added : translation support for user role * Updated : Facebook SDK * Fixed Bug : issue with Facebook login strict mode
Version 2.3.02 (2018.02.13)
Version 2.3.01 (2018.01.22)
* Added : shortcodes to display profile fields in profile page * Added : http to URL field without the protocol * Added : user_register action on registration * Fixed Bug : issue displaying content after posts * Fixed Bug : issue with profile image popup
Version 2.3.00 (2017.12.11)
* Added : field type css class for registration and edit profile * Added : default active profile tab * Added : user id attribute to profile image * Fixed Bug : issue profile status not working * Fixed Bug : issue with loading posts for content restriction rules * Fixed Bug : PHP error when cover image is deleted from custom fields * Fixed Bug : issue with displaying edit fields on profile tab click * Fixed Bug : error on Woocommerce templates
Version 2.2.09 (2017.10.14)
* Added : support for cover image based on user role * Added : loading profile image in a popup modal * Added : new filter for search member list by user role
Version 2.2.08 (2017.08.02)
* Added : features for cloning custom fields in custom field manager * Added : improvements for creating/editing custom fields in small screen devices * Fixed Bug : styling issue with Bestwebsoft captcha
Version 2.2.07 (2017.07.13)
* Added : filter to change the login shortcode displayed inside code files * Added : processing message to forgot password button click * Added : styles to improve the display of cover image in smaller screens * Added : setting for customize registration approval pending message * Added : support for backend approval URL in social registration email template * Changed : facebook graph version to 2.6 * Fixed Bug : issue with displaying author profile under post, in some themes * Fixed Bug : issue with using quotes in textarea based settings * Fixed Bug : PHP notice with UPME_PRIVATE_FIELD_BLOCK_SEARCH constant
Version 2.2.06 (2017.05.11)
* Added : support for Expire Users addon for automatically removing users without email activation and approval * Added : filter for hiding profile fields section * Fixed Bug : issue with missing profile images when switching from http to https * Fixed Bug : issue with displaying quotes in registration success message
Version 2.2.05 (2017.04.18)
* Added : support for Email Logger addon to save and view all UPME emails * Added : support for making email activation optional * Added : action for email send success. (upme_email_send_success) * Fixed Bug : search issue when using commas in text, textarea field values * Fixed Bug : issue with using site lockdown and content restriction rules at same time * Rename : upme_registration_field_block_sequence filter to fix spelling issue
Version 2.2.04 (2017.03.06)
* Added : Compatibility with WorPress 4.7.3 * Added : support for ajax popup login with free addon * Added : support for profile notifications with free addon * Added : support for online users with free addon * Added : Disable searching publicly hidden fields * Added : Filters to customize email subject and message for templates * Fixed Bug : Issue with email icon opening empty tab * Fixed Bug : Issue with LinkedIn login in PHP 7.1
Version 2.2.03 (2017.01.14)
* Added : Filters to customize admin email for each email template * Fixed Bug : Issue usernames with spaces in profile URL * Fixed Bug : Issue with TinyMCE editor in some scenarios * Fixed Bug : Issue with intial display of ajax loading icon
Version 2.2.02 (2016.10.30)
* Fixed Bug : Issue in frontend email not updating with backend email * Fixed Bug : Issue in user role based custom fields not displaying properly
Version 2.2.01 (2016.09.29)
* Fixed Bug : Issue in forgot password request on some servers * Fixed Bug : Security issue in file uploading
Version 2.2.00 (2016.09.16)
* Added : Compatibility with Online Users(Free) addon * Added : New filter after profile title * Added : New filter for custom email validation in registration * Added : New filter for custom exporting functions * Added : New email templates for social registration * Added : Activation and approval status validations to backend login * Fixed Bug : Empty space issue in password reset in some sites * Fixed Bug : Issue with custom field show to and edit by user role settings * Fixed Bug : Issue with wp_login action missing parameters
Version 2.1.15 (2016.08.01)
* New Feature : Min and Max length validations for custom fields * Added : Support for titles in profile tabs * Added : Support for admins to view Woo tabs on other users * Fixed Bug : Issue with new user accounts on each login for FB mobile users * Fixed Bug : Issue with PHP errors on predefined fields * Fixed Bug : Issue with checkbox field update when required and user cant edit
Version 2.1.14 (2016.06.07)
* Added : Filters to support numeric sorting on custom fields * Fixed Bug : Issue with Woocommerce Country field value * Fixed Bug : Issue with registration fields not displaying * Fixed Bug : PHP notices in admin icons
Version 2.1.13 (2016.05.18)
* Fixed Bug : profile URL not working with 2.1.12 version * Fixed Bug : empty display name and email for users created from backend
Version 2.1.12 (2016.05.15)
* Added : Compatibility with WorPress 4.5.2 * Added : wp_login action support for Social login * Fixed Bug : Major security issue in registration * Fixed Bug : security issues in AJAX requests * Fixed Bug : conflicts in Select2 library with other plugins/themes * Fixed Bug : issue with assigning featured level is backend registration
Version 2.1.11 (2016.04.23)
* Added : Compatibility with WorPress 4.5 * Added : User ID parameter to upme_profile_label_meta filter * Added : New date format dd.mm.yy * Fixed Bug : Typo error in profile status options * Fixed Bug : Issue with empty meta key for separator fields * Fixed Bug : Issue in woocommerce country field in UPME Registration * Fixed Bug : Issue in profile field updating when using addons * Fixed Bug : Issue with modals for WP 4.5 * Fixed Bug : Issue with profile images getting deleted on save
Version 2.1.10 (2016.03.28)
* Fixed Bug : Major security issue in registration
Version 2.1.09 (2016.03.22)
* New Feature : Automated profile image resizing * Added : setting to disable UPME - Woocommerce styles * Added : Facebook profile image synchronization * Added : Excel file mime type for import feature * Fixed Bug : issue with Registration Redirect setting not working * Fixed Bug : issue with Woocommerce panels inside UPME * Fixed Bug : remove regular expression search for select/radio fields
Version 2.1.08 (2016.01.22)
* New Feature : display featured members in member list * New Feature : sort member list by featured member level * Fixed Bug : memory issues in settings section
Version 2.1.07 (2015.12.13)
* New Feature : new login form templates * New Feature : supports WP Mail SMTP plugin to prevent email spam * New Feature : role based redirection support to login * New Feature : Post favorite,recommend,read buttons on Woocommerce Products * New Feature : Post favorite,recommend,read buttons on bbPress Topics * New Feature : setting to enable/disable HTML in emails * New Feature : filter to specify default profile picture * New Feature : filter to specify default cover image * Added : support for invitation code in admin emails * Added : shortcode attribute to hide social login * Added : new social login icons * Added : shortcode attribute for social login designs * Added : shortcode attribute for change login form width * Added : shortcode attribute for change login template * Added : language support to user statuses * Added : shortcode attribute to hide login and registration header * Fixed Bug : Modules section not loading due large number of posts/pages
Version 2.1.06 (2015.11.16)
* New Feature : custom designs for private content messages * New Feature : latest members shortcode and design * New Feature : new header and cover image designs * Added : setting to enable/disable Visual Composer shortcodes * Added : ajax loading icon to form submit buttons * Added : shortcode attribute to hide profile tabs * Added : Captcha support to system generated login forms * Added : social login support to login widget * Added : support override BuddyPress/BBPress avatar with UPME Picture * Fixed Bug : issue with post buttons on archive pages * Fixed Bug : issue with password field in edit profile * Fixed Bug : issue with profile post tabs * Removed : edit address link from Woocommerce tab
Version 2.1.05 (2015.10.15)
* Added : filter to customize help text on registration form password field * Added : new icon to Woocommerce tab * Added : support for hiding Separators from user roles/members/guests * Added : support for file fields in registration * Fixed Bug : issue in backend user activation * Fixed Bug : issue with profile modal only loading once * Fixed Bug : issue with required file upload fields * Fixed Bug : issue with post features buttons on archive pages * Fixed Bug : issue with Google login not working with user role
Version 2.1.04 (2015.09.16)
* Added : support for post creation with UPME Frontend Publisher * Fixed Bug : user actions not working in mobile devices
Version 2.1.03 (2015.08.31)
* Improved : custom field manager functionality and performence * Added : compatibility with WordPress 4.3 * Added : support for Woocommerce 2.4.6 * Added : field name to update notifications email * Fixed Bug : issue with detecting Woocommerce in multisite * Fixed Bug : UPME Visual Composer code loading in frontend * Fixed Bug : quotes not working on combined search
Version 2.1.02 (2015.07.31)
* Added : support for latest Facebook API for social login * Added : username as option for profile title * Added : support for custom search filters * Fixed Bug : issue with user role in multiple registration forms * Fixed Bug : issue with Visual Editor on frontend
Version 2.1.01 (2015.07.12)
* New Feature : Show/Hide fields by loggedin user role * New Feature : Support for multislect search * Fixed Bug : issue with edit profile on member list * Fixed Bug : issue in update notifications for checkboxes * Fixed Bug : issue with duplicate cover image field * Fixed Bug : issue with Visual Composer shortcodes * Fixed Bug : issue in post feature button locations * Fixed Bug : PHP Notice on SEO features * Fixed Bug : conflict is Fancybox loading
Version 2.1.0 (2015.06.21)
* New Feature : cover image for user profiles * New Feature : SEO features with Yoast SEO plugin * New Feature : support for profile sharing in social networks * New Feature : support for searching partial words * New Feature : favorite(bookmarks) posts for users * New Feature : recommend posts to other users * New Feature : post reader to manage read/unread posts * New Feature : profile edit capability for non-admin users * New Feature : collapsible field separators * New Feature : integration with Visual Composer plugin * Fixed Bug : required file upload fileds not working * Fixed Bug : invalid icon in activation success message * Fixed Bug : issue with private empty field labels
Version 2.0.29 (2015.05.23)
* New Feature : recursive sub page restrictions * New Feature : social login and registration with Facebook,Twitter,Google+,LinkedIn * Added : filters to hide Woocommerce sub tabs * Fixed Bug : php notice on separator fields * Fixed Bug : style issue with comment avatars * Fixed Bug : unnecessary spacing in email tags * Fixed Bug : function name conflicts with other themes * Removed : No captcha reCaptcha by Google and added as an addonSource